Sunday, May 1, 2011

"This Dance Music Makes My Tushy Shake"

Perhaps the most epic review of a metal song by a four year old ever. This past weekend, my daughter and I continued our tradition of driving to her favorite places in my home town while listening to loud and fast music.  Its a relatively new tradition but one that we both get a kick out of.  We don't get many chances to drive around and even at home don't get that many opportunities to listen to music together.

One thing that I find really interesting is how open my daughter is to new and different forms of music.  There's this willingness to listen to just about anything and most of the time her reaction is positive. When it isn't its usually because she finds the music boring or too slow.

On Sunday, we had another drive, this time bringing Mom along as well (she had to promise not to change the music).  To be nice to her, we listened to The Low Budgets a great poppy punk band from Philly, who also happen to be really great guys.  My kid liked them a lot but complained that the car seat was too tight let her dance as much as she wanted to.

After our car ride, I asked my daughter if she'd be interested in giving her opinions on any more music  Her response "That would be boring and silly"

No comments:

Post a Comment